moon shadow | tuning fork

New Moon: Dec 28th. 

I knew the circle would continue 
What spills out of me 
will be gold for another time 
I hide the shrine of my silence 
and beckon the gold to come flowing through 
Still I feel a tremor inside
A fear that perhaps this kind of space 
is not welcoming of me 
That perhaps I will do something wrong and get eaten 
Perhaps my nervous system is activated 
and memories of monkey times comb through
And sometimes I wonder and sit and feel my hip bones relaxing and the weight of sinking into the moist mother earth, the shadows of the deers dancing, and my breath exhaling out 

Out I cast you, she shrieks. Into the world. 
Out and in. 
Are the movements of your inner limbs. 

Out and in. 
Out and in. 

Forever destined 
to flow 

out and in. 

Something I cannot taste with my new tongue lingers 
Should I have? 
Could I have if I had? 

My eyelids are heavy with remembrance and wonder 
My body is no longer the site of a ritual 
but something externalized 

How can I come to understand myself 
and my purpose in this world 
Will dreams flow out of my palms ? like songs ? like how I saw ? 
healing words spilling out of her mouth 

I am the aliveness that excites me in other people 
I am the mirror 
and this world is an alone place 

We can walk far down enough the path and finally come to a place of aloneness 
where only ourselves 
are the only one only woe is me only only only only me, here. only me. me. here. 

A modern day memory. 

With rapture written on her wrist. 

Comments

  1. Memories of monkey times...Rapture written on her wrist...

    I don't always know exactly what you're writing about, but I always like the way you write it! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please share whatever is true for you!

Popular Posts