moon memories

when the past leaks into the present

I. 
i remember hillel garden snow piles 
and craving you in my bed as i tossed and turned 
my mind contorted by candy land visions 
my lips moving silently for you 

they mouthed your name 
where are you, shrieking from the center of me 

II. 
we moved in stages 
first your legs across my legs 
and then our hips followed 

mouthing 
`hey, what i have been choking down all day is 
i love you, i really think i am falling in love with you` 

falling // deeper  
into the well outside the music hall 
we used to meet at and it became a symbol 
a something 
a place we fought and touched each other 

so many stones 
so many memories held in places held in rocks held in dirt 

III. 
i give myself to the moon 

i remember and i weep 
and i give myself to the moon 
because four walls 
can contain 
the patterns of the mind 
but the wild world 
takes them and gives me 
spacious moment wonder

i root the ruts of my past 
to find the hidden pearl gem
i see when i look into the depths 
of the terror in me 

of the terror in me 

………


i have something to say, 
i have something to say 

i remember seeing you 
i remember seeing you in a dream somewhere 
in a dream somewhere 

i remember seeing you 

when the past leaks into the present


******* 

Comments

Popular Posts