~ Welcoming the Energy of Transition ~

Today was my initial day of classes at Naropa University, the first Buddhist-inspired liberal arts college in the Western Hemisphere. I left my last class skipping and with a song in my heart! I am totally blown away by the power and potential of deep, authentic learning environments. I feel at a home in a space where my questions are encouraged, feminine energy is respected and honored, sacredness and compassion are emphasized, and the community holds space for each person to step more fully into her power and truth. It all feels very surreal and magical and spiritually profound.

Choosing to come here was a very guided step, supported by my intuition and spiritual guides. I followed the trail of breadcrumbs that led me to Naropa. These days I tend to make decisions from this space of deep, inner knowing instead of basing my choices strictly on logical analysis... Could I recite to you logical reasons why I decided to come here? Sure, but that does not feel anywhere as important to me as the feeling... the calling that led me to this very moment and place.

So, why am I here? Good question. I am finding more answers to this every day, however, I intend to keep asking myself these important questions... Who am I? Why am I here?

I know deeply I am here to do some serious work. I am here to meet people who will have profound influence in my life... whether they show up as teachers, lovers, sisters, friends, business partners, or a mixture of all of the above. I am here to connect with and learn from the mountains, the ancient spirits and ancestors of this land. I am here to study the energetic embodiment of these sacred mountains... grounded, present, solid, strong. I am here to engage with the spirit of Naropa and contribute to the powerful, collective organism that it is. I am here to continue healing and growing and playing and loving.

Winter Sunrise at the Flatirons

I felt immense terror before getting on the plane to fly to Colorado. All I wanted to do was run back to my warm, safe bed in Pennsylvania and light a few candles and never leave. But my spirit is strong... I am beginning to understand these sorts of initiations. So, I took it one step at a time and faithfully flung myself over the cliff.

Getting settled here has been an experience... Feeling uncomfortable in a space that doesn't quite feel familiar yet. Feeling nourished by the heartfelt connections I am beginning to make. I am here to learn profound things, I can already feel it. I will be challenged and tested in ways I didn't expect at all. For me, this does not feel like a place that encourages any kind of escapism. This is a place that supports mindfulness, connection, compassion, and the warrior spirit. (At Naropa many classes conclude with Warrior Exams instead of conventional tests) I am being called to a community that invites one to step fully into the moment... into the pleasure... into the pain. I answer this call with a radiant, open heart and a willingness to sit with whatever arises. And simply hold it... in arms of loving light.

Making a nest somewhere requires patience and trust, and I am taking my transition one day at a time. Allowing for plenty of rest and quiet, integrative time.

I feel unbelievably blessed for the opportunity to be here and to feel and to play in this human experience. An indescribable gratitude arises in my heart when I think of the immense support from my family and friends that has helped me arrive where I am. Here. I would not be here without YOU!! :)

I look forward to slowing down
dropping deeper into the stillness inside
and allowing for all action to arise
from this place

An ocean of Love,

Grace

Comments

  1. Inspiring- illuminating- graceful Grace. I am so grateful to share in your profound journey. Thank you for taking the time to speak your truth in this open and free way. You are adored!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please share whatever is true for you!

Popular Posts