~ Broken Glass, New Path ~

This morning I woke up in Seattle, WA to find the car window shattered and all of my possessions gone. Everything that had been dearest to me in the world had vanished... all of my clothes, many sacred objects, precious creative gifts friends have given me along my journey, my Jicuri Drum, my rattle, all of my herbs and spices, my mandolin, my medicine blanket, books, a video camera with footage from my travels, my laptop, creative projects I had made for my family and friends... everything I had used to create my identity in the world. Interestingly enough, a friend had a few items in the car too, and they were not touched.

I now return to the lands of my birth with just the clothes on my back, a medicine pouch, and a journal. 

I had a sense last night that the car was going to be broken into. I awoke out of a foggy dream and checked to make sure I had brought my wallet inside with me. I knew. I created this. I am a creator, and I am working directly with Spirit to learn and grow and expand. 

When possessions have been stolen from me before, I was an emotional mess... angry, sobbing, incoherent, collapsing. This time I remained calm, strong, and in control. I felt a whole range of intense emotions and body sensations... despair, fear, grief, violation...but I was not overwhelmed by my emotions. I acknowledged them, gave them space but did not collapse. My energetic body did not feel shaken. I was grounded enough to see the truth and experience the lesson I had created for myself. 

As the situation was unfolding, I kept hearing the question... Who am I without my possessions? Who am I? Who Who Who? 

I am not my possessions... stripped naked and bare I stand before you world, and I see the truth of who I am. I am a warrior woman. I transform my pain into power. I gather strength from hardships and difficulty, and I am not afraid to let go and surrender to the divine plan, the divine mystery. 

I am learning firsthand that what really matters, no one can steal from me. No one can take away my connection with Spirit. No one can rob me of my love and my strength and my power. I carry these everywhere I go. 

I am humbled, and I feel incredible gratitude and compassion...For the human beings who I hope are receiving nourishment from my things, for myself for manifesting such a wild, deep experience, for the AMAZING support I received and continue to receive from loved ones... holding me, emotionally supporting me, loving me. Thank you to my beloved community for being present for me. I really feel the strength, support, and importance of community right now. Together we are here for each other. Together we are strong. 

My intention in posting this is to share my story. Please do not pity me or feel sorry for me... rather gather inspiration from my experience, my process. I feel we are all being asked in one way or another to step into the light of our true selves, to shed the deeply engrained attitudes that are no longer serving us or our evolution as a species. We are breaking down, and we are emerging from the rubble fiercer than ever. If you feel called, I encourage you to respond and share the story of your experience in whatever way delights you the most! I would absolutely love to listen & honor your truth :) 

I give thanks to the Pacific Northwest... what an intensely profound teacher you have been. I receive your lessons humbly and allow them to sink deep into my bones. 

I feel purified, clean, loved, light, ready! No matter what is happening on the outside, I always have an ocean of stillness and peace within. 

The old must die to the new. 

I accept the unacceptable with grace.

I walk the path of death, and I appreciate what has come before.

I make room for the new. 

I continue walking. 


An ocean of Love, 

Grace 

Comments

  1. I had the unique opportunity to experience you at your new moment of understanding and release after these adventures, and I think that was a part of what made the meeting so memorable for me.

    Because I have been, in some ways, "walking with Grace" ever since, these events in your life made a positive impact on me. The Universe took some things from you, but gave me some gifts of lasting value.

    Thank you for inspiring me and for showing up at just the right time for me to question my path. You are loved!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please share whatever is true for you!

Popular Posts