Surrender Spiral to Life & Death

The light comes on
and the light goes off

inside me there is a 
noticing 

The wind wings itself 
around the dancing ones 
outside 

inside me there is a noticing 

Voices echo and bounce 
off the tile downstairs, 
someone is crying          out

Memories come from somewhere 
and leave a heavy feeling 

inside me there is a noticing 

inside me there is sea
and i see you there 
below the reflection of the water 
or perhaps embedded in the mirror itself 

i see you, 
and my eyes feel your gaze 
my skin takes in the presence of your mouth 
and the moth laid open and bare 
on your exposed mother tongue 

is this an offering of an underworld kind? 
i whisper to the caverns of my mind 

a still and silent response 
i open my arms to receive 

you place the moth upon my chest and it slowly, 
comes back to perceive 

warm, uprising, rhythm of its 
colored wings, 
mingle with the beating of heart 

i am alive, 
and you have come here 

to remind me always

about the mystery of this

Comments

Popular Posts